Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Say No To The Show


I have never watched a bridal reality show before...now I know why. Say Yes to the Dress has obviously done well if it now has two spin off shows, but I really don't want to make myself go through that ever again. The episode I watched was called, "Maid of Honorzilla." The episode followed three different brides on their mission to find bridesmaids dresses. I thought covering two different brides was fine, but to force three brides in a 30 minute time slot was too rushed.

The first bride had a maid of honor from hell. The bride actually had two maid of honors, but the one demoted the other one to "matron of the bridesmaids." Here are the MANY things maid of honor Jessica had to say during the episode:
"I'm in charge"
"I don't get why Roxy thinks she has the right to be the maid of honor."
"Next to Megan I am the most important person at the wedding."
"I'm the boss."

Nevertheless why this girl is your maid of honor, but why is she even your friend?

Click here to see the awfulness that is Jessica.


The next bride had been having trouble finding a dress that works for all her bridesmaids. The reason was due to her maid of honor, who was clearly bigger than everyone else. The bride made her try on dresses that obviously were not going to look good on her and then would laugh at her. It was too cruel, I actually felt bad for her.

The next bride was just as horrible. She demanded that her bridesmaids get a designer dress and shoes, which totaled to the amount of $1,200. Bridesmaids had to drop out because, as the bride would say, be "they could not comply, so they now will support me in the audience." And also during their fitting she told them they were not allowed to gain even one pound before her big day. The things that came out of these women's mouths was unbelievable and the fact that they said these things with a straight face must mean the show is real.

This show makes me never want to be a bridesmaid, or as a matter a fact,  not even a bride for a very long time or possibly ever.





No comments:

Post a Comment